My online education site is called PsychologySalon.Teachable.com
. There you can find a series of online courses on psychological topics for professionals and for the public. These courses are designed to provide evidence-based training and knowledge conveniently and at a very reasonable cost. Every course has free preview videos that you can watch to assess whether the program would meet your interests.
Professional organizations (agencies, health regions, professional associations) can bulk-purchase discounted multiple spaces in courses, either for their clinical staff or for their end users – either pre-paying for spaces or receiving a discount code that allows members to register at reduced costs. To discuss this option, simply email us at email@example.com
. In most cases group access to our courses can be set up within two business days.
Here are the courses we currently offer:Courses for Professionals
Group Therapy for Depression
– Training for clinicians in the Changeways Core Program Protocol. The Core Program is one of the most widely-used group therapy protocols for depression in the world. Now the two-day training program is available in a 12-hour online course, divided into bite-sized pieces. The course includes reproducible pdf copies of the Participant Manual, the Clinician’s Guide, and much more. 12 CE credits.How to Treat Failure to Launch
- Increasing numbers of young people are having difficulty managing the transition from dependent adolescence to independent adulthood. This 8 hour program describes the Hikikomori phenomenon and identifies cognitive behavioral and family systems approaches for helping young adults and their families move on with their lives. 8 CE credits. Train Your Clients in Diaphragmatic Breathing
– Rationale, Handouts, Procedures, Homework, and Followup. A 3-hour training program for clinicians on the practice and instruction of diaphragmatic breathing for clients. Includes step by step instructions, cautions for particular client groups, reproducible pdf handouts you can provide to clients, and ways to link breathing with stressful life situations. 3 CE credits. How to Teach Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation is one of the most well-researched of all psychological interventions. This course describes the theory, origins, and goals of PMR and Passive Relaxation. It shows how to conduct the training and provides students with their own experience of the skills. Forms and audio files for clinicians to use with their own clients are included. 3 CE credits. Diagnosing Depression and Related Mood Disorders
- Using DSM-5 Criteria. Much more than a review of the DSM-5 criteria, this course shows how to distinguish clinical from subclinical presentations, questions to ask in interview, and the distinctions between the various mood disorders - while acknowledging the significant difficulties and controversies surrounding the DSM. 2 CE credits. Courses for EVERYONE
UnDoing Depression - Take Action and Feel Better Using Cognitive Behavioural Principles
. A step by step guided tour of depression self-management using goal setting, lifestyle change, and personal exploration. Comes with a 100-page workbook. Breathing Made Easy - Learn to Breathe Diaphragmatically to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
. An experiential program designed to teach calming diaphragmatic breathing in a step-by-step sequence. How to Buy Happiness - Improve Your Life Using Your Existing Finances
. A careful look at the relationship between money - and how you use it - and life satisfaction. With a 58-page workbook to help you apply the principles in your own life. What is Depression? - Understand the Symptoms, Nature, and Internal Experience of Common Mood Disorders.
An examination of the symptoms and experience of depression using the Floating Diamond model. What Causes Depression? - Learn About the Many Risk Factors for Common Mood Problems
. Is depression really just the result of a biochemical imbalance? Or is the picture much, much more complicated than that? Learn about what the research really says. How to Write Non-Fiction
. For those working on extended works of non-fiction (including theses, books, term papers, and related work), a strategy is presented for organizing ideas into a coherent framework. This course goes from outline to editing to finished product.